Welcome to volume 5 issue 5 of Monthly Mineral Chronicles. This is a publication pulled together by a mineral collector for mineral collectors.
This month, in this 67 page full-colour issue we have the following articles:
- Minerals and Elements: Boron – The next in the series on elements and minerals. Boron occurs mainly in borates and borosilicates.
- Locality Snippet – Marie Mine, Carbon Co., Montana, USA
- Micros of the Arroyos of the Caballos – Mike tells us about collecting micros in Arroyos (dry streambeds) in New Mexico.
- Show Report – Tea Tree Gully, South Australia.
- Calderonite and Brackebuschite – Rolf tells us about these two rare vanadium-bearing minerals, and the challenges in identifying them.
- Illustrated Minerals of Australia Volume 1, Part 15 – Chromite to Claudetite. The next installment of a significant undertaking documenting the 1,500 or so mineral species recorded in Australia.
Again this month, for many of the excellent images, is the ability to click on the image to bring up a larger version. Not only do you get a bigger version, but in some cases, the image you see published may be a cropped version.
This issue is now available at Kofi.
If you are a subscriber, and you haven’t received a link, please let me know.
I hope you continue to enjoy the journey.