Welcome to volume 5 issue 4 of Monthly Mineral Chronicles. This is a publication pulled together by a mineral collector for mineral collectors.
This month, in this 70 page full-colour issue we have the following articles:
- Locality Snippet – Bieber, Germany. The Bieber area is the Type Locality for bieberite and rösslerite.
- Mineral Snippet – Newberyite. James tells us about James Cosmo Newbery and this rare cave mineral named after him.
- Illustrated Minerals of Australia. Volume 1, Part 14 – Chalcophanite to Christelite. The next instalment of a significant undertaking documenting the 1,500 or so mineral species recorded in Australia.
- Locality Snippet – Toombeola Quarry, County Galway, Ireland.
- Bisbee Arizona Chalcoalumite Story. Rolf tells us about acquiring specimens of the uncommon copper aluminium sulphate, chalcoalumite. Lots of blue!
- Minerals and Elements: Beryllium. The next in the series on elements and minerals. Beryl is the best-known beryllium containing species, but there are lots more. Many specimens and photos courtesy Henk Smeets.
Again this month, for many of the excellent images, is the ability to click on the image to bring up a larger version. Not only do you get a bigger version, but in some cases, the image you see published may be a cropped version.
This issue is now available at Kofi.
If you are a subscriber, and you haven’t received a link, please let me know.
I hope you continue to enjoy the journey.