Welcome to volume 6 issue 11 of Monthly Mineral Chronicles. This is a publication pulled together by a mineral collector for mineral collectors.
This month, in this 82 page full-colour issue we have the following articles:
- Minerals and Elements: Manganese. The next in the series, manganese, a metal that is used primarily in steel to give it strength.
- Illustrated Minerals of Australia. Volume 3, Part 4 – Goldfieldite to Gordonite. The next installment of a significant undertaking documenting the 1,500 or so mineral species recorded in Australia.
- Slag minerals from La Marsiliana in Tuscany. Henk Smeets tells us about the minerals that can be found in this Italian slag locality.
- Minerals from the Toughnut Mine, Tombstone, Arizona. This month, Rolf tells us about collecting in an old Bisbee-area copper mine.
- Mineral Snippet – Blödite
- Desautels Micromount Symposium. A report on the Desautels Micromount Symposium held by the Baltimore Mineral Society in October.
Again this month, for many of the excellent images, is the ability to click on the image to bring up a larger version. Not only do you get a bigger version, but in some cases, the image you see published may be a cropped version.
This issue is now available at Kofi.
If you are a subscriber, and you haven’t received a direct link, please let me know.
I hope you continue to enjoy the journey.