Welcome to volume 6 issue 9 of Monthly Mineral Chronicles. This is a publication pulled together by a mineral collector for mineral collectors.
This month, in this 84 page full-colour issue we have the following articles:
- Robert E. Lee Mine, Santa Cruz County, Arizona. This month, Rolf tells us about a mine that produced nice vanadinite in a number of habits.
- Mineral Snippet – Kulanite. This month, we look at the rare barium phosphate, kulanite.
- Minerals and Elements: Vanadium. The next in the series, vanadium, an element that can form some colourful compounds, including the vanadinite in Rolf’s article!
- The Local Scene. A look at what has been happening in southeastern Australia.
- Illustrated Minerals of Australia Volume 3, Part 1 – Gillardite to Goethite. The next installment of a significant undertaking documenting the 1,500 or so mineral species recorded in Australia.
- Locality Snippet – Ophir Hill, Utah. This month, we look at the historic Ophir Hill Consolidated Mine, Ophir, Tooele County, Utah.
Again this month, for many of the excellent images, is the ability to click on the image to bring up a larger version. Not only do you get a bigger version, but in some cases, the image you see published may be a cropped version.
This issue is now available at Kofi.
If you are a subscriber, and you haven’t received a direct link, please let me know.
I hope you continue to enjoy the journey.