Welcome to volume 6 issue 8 of Monthly Mineral Chronicles. This is a publication pulled together by a mineral collector for mineral collectors.
This month, in this 96 page full-colour issue we have the following articles:
- Locality Snippet – Silver Gill, Caldbeck Fells. This month, we look at an 800+ years old mine in Cumbria, England, one that I managed to go underground in.
- A Small Private, Patented Mine near Dragoon, Arizona. This month, Rolf takes us to a friend’s mine near Dragoon.
- Mineral Snippet – Chondrodite. James introduces us to the humite-group mineral, chondrodite.
- Minerals and Elements: Titanium. The next in the series, titanium, a lightweight but very strong metal.
- Prehnite from Mullaley, New South Wales. Noel reports on one of the main prehnite occurrences in Australia.
- Illustrated Minerals of Australia. Volume 3, Part 1 – Gadolinite to Gibbsite. The next installment of a significant undertaking documenting the 1,500 or so mineral species recorded in Australia.
Again this month, for many of the excellent images, is the ability to click on the image to bring up a larger version. Not only do you get a bigger version, but in some cases, the image you see published may be a cropped version.
This issue is now available at Kofi.
If you are a subscriber, and you haven’t received a direct link, please let me know.
I hope you continue to enjoy the journey.