Welcome to volume 6 issue 12 of Monthly Mineral Chronicles. This is a publication pulled together by a mineral collector for mineral collectors.
This month, in this 81 page full-colour issue we have the following articles:
- Illustrated Minerals of Australia. Volume 3, Part 5 – Görgeyite to Grossite. The next installment of a significant undertaking documenting the 1,500 or so mineral species recorded in Australia.
- Locality Snippet – Lake Rotokawa, New Zealand. This month, we look at an interesting geothermal locality on the North Island of New Zealand.
- Unnamed Copper Mine, Deer Creek, Pima County, Arizona. This month, Rolf tells us about a mine that he has never been able to get to due to a locked gate, but has been fortunate to find the site of the mine dump material.
- Mineral Snippet – Boracite
- Tasmanian Seminar – A report on the Mineralogical Societies of Australasia Seminar.
- Minerals and Elements: Iron. The next in the series, iron, a metal that makes up around 85% of the Earth’s core!
- Mineral Snippet – Alicewilsonite-(YLa)
Again this month, for many of the excellent images, is the ability to click on the image to bring up a larger version. Not only do you get a bigger version, but in some cases, the image you see published may be a cropped version.
This issue is now available at Kofi.
If you are a subscriber, and you haven’t received a direct link, please let me know.
I hope you continue to enjoy the journey.