Welcome to volume 5 issue 7 of Monthly Mineral Chronicles. This is a publication pulled together by a mineral collector for mineral collectors.
This month, in this 93 page full-colour issue we have the following articles:
- Mineral Snippet – Henmilite.
- Hardness and the Hardness of Minerals. Do you know the difference between indentation hardness, rebound hardness, and scratch hardness? I didn’t. Noel Kennon explains.
- Illustrated Minerals of Australia Volume 1, Part 17 – Cobaltite to Corrensite. The next installment of a significant undertaking documenting the 1,500 or so mineral species recorded in Australia.
- Minerals and Elements: Nitrogen. The next in the series on elements and minerals. Nitrogen makes up around 78% of the air that we breathe, but isn’t in many minerals.
- Small Mine in the Northern Dragoon Mountains, Arizona. Rolf takes us to a copper mine about 110km east of Tucson.
- Locality Snippet – Csódi Hill, Dunabogdány, Hungary.
Again this month, for many of the excellent images, is the ability to click on the image to bring up a larger version. Not only do you get a bigger version, but in some cases, the image you see published may be a cropped version.
This issue is now available at Kofi.
If you are a subscriber, and you haven’t received a link, please let me know.
I hope you continue to enjoy the journey.