Welcome to volume 6 issue 6 of Monthly Mineral Chronicles. This is a publication pulled together by a mineral collector for mineral collectors.
This month, in this 120(!) page full-colour issue we have the following articles:
- Locality Snippet – Chaillac, France. This month, we look at a locality in France that has produced significant amounts of barite and fluorite.
- How to distinguish between Cavansite and Pentagonite. Ed discusses the similarities and differences between these two rare minerals.
- Cu-Zn-Pb-Ag prospect in the Chiricahua Mountains, Arizona. This month, Rolf takes us to a remote prospect in the Chiricahua Mountains.
- Mineral Snippet – Strontio-orthojoaquinite
- Minerals and Elements: Calcium. The next in the series on elements and minerals. This month, we look at Calcium.
- Illustrated Minerals of Australia. Volume 2, Part 9 – Fluorite. The next installment of a significant undertaking documenting the 1,500 or so mineral species recorded in Australia.
- A visit to the Australian Fossil and Mineral Museum, Bathurst. James takes us on a virtual tour the world-class Warren Somerville fossil and mineral collection, Bathurst, New South Wales.
Again this month, for many of the excellent images, is the ability to click on the image to bring up a larger version. Not only do you get a bigger version, but in some cases, the image you see published may be a cropped version.
This issue is now available at Kofi.
If you are a subscriber, and you haven’t received a direct link, please let me know.
I hope you continue to enjoy the journey.