Welcome to volume 5 issue 8 of Monthly Mineral Chronicles. This is a publication pulled together by a mineral collector for mineral collectors.
This month, in this 88 page full-colour issue we have the following articles:
- In case you missed it…
- Locality Snippet – Ma’ale Adumim, Palestine, a locality with some interesting and unique minerals and geology.
- Mineral Snippet – Narsarsukite.
- Illustrated Minerals of Australia. Volume 1, Part 18 – Corundum to Crocoite. The next installment of a significant undertaking documenting the 1,500 or so mineral species recorded in Australia.
- Minerals and Elements: Oxygen. The next in the series on elements and minerals. This month, we look at a very reactive element that is essential to life.
- History around Gold Camp, Arizona. Rolf tells us about lumber mills, mining, and bootlegging in southern Arizona.
- Mineral Snippet – Ludlockite.
Again this month, for many of the excellent images, is the ability to click on the image to bring up a larger version. Not only do you get a bigger version, but in some cases, the image you see published may be a cropped version.
Each month, I will bring you mineral-related content from around the world. There will be a range of topics including mineral news and information, show reports, articles on minerals and localities, a spotlight on individual mineral dealers or collectors, and maybe an editorial now and again.
The focus won’t be restricted to any particular genre. And all of this from just US$1 per month for Patreons, Kofi Members, and Subscribers. Casual access is also available at Kofi. Please use the Contact Us form to become a Subscriber.
You can download this issue here (note that it is password protected).
I hope that you continue to enjoy the journey.